Tone Your Trouble Zones!
Battling wobbly triceps and flabby inner-thighs? Use these simple but effective exercises to tone up those trouble zones!
- Sitting on a sturdy chair (braced against a wall) or bench, place your hands on either side of your butt with your fingers just hanging off the edge of the chair.
- Walk your feet out enough of a distance so that your butt is 2-3 inches away from the chair. You should be holding your weight with the palms of your hands and feet.
- Slowly lower your butt straight down until your elbows are bent to about 90 degrees.
- Strongly push yourself back up without resting your butt on the chair.
- Repeat 10-20 times.
- Holding a 2-10 lb. weight (or can of soup, bottle of water, etc.) in your right hand, lean forward to place your left hand on a desk, counter, or chair.
- Place your left foot slightly in front of your right foot and bring your right elbow up so that your arm is bent at 90 degrees. Your upper arm should be parallel to the floor.
- Maintaining the position of your upper arm, extend your right hand back so that your lower arm is now parallel with the ground.
- Slowly lower to starting position.
- Repeat 15 times. Switch arms.
- Starting with your feet in a wide squat position (feet 6-12 inches wider than hip distance), turn your feet out about 45 degrees.
- Raise the heel of your right foot off the ground.
- Maintaining this position, lower your butt down into a squat as low as you can.
- Strongly raise back up and repeat 15 times. Switch sides.
Try bringing your feet together with your toes turned out and heels lifted for another sensational burn!
Work hard now for a great pay off later! The holiday season is right around the corner! Before we know it we will be tempted with sweets and over-indulgence! Beat the typical 5-10 pound weight gain this year by implementing healthy living strategies into your daily routine…NOW!
Best in Health and Fitness,
Robin Ishibashi Jones
Robin Ishibashi Jones has been a fitness trainer and strength and conditioning coach for over 10 years. A graduate of Whittier College and owner of Stonebridge HomeFit, Robin is a health and fitness enthusiast who makes training easily accessible to people of all levels.
The material presented on this site is for informational purposes only and does not necessarily represent the opinions of Keiro Senior HealthCare, The Institute for Healthy Aging at Keiro, or its contributors. Readers should consult appropriate health, legal, or financial professionals on any matter relating to their health and well-being. Full disclaimer
If you enjoyed this article, click the “like” button below!