Enjoy Robin’s workouts?? Come to see her in person at Keiro’s Genki Living Expo on October 15th!
Ready for a fun exercise that can make you feel like a kid again? The “Have-A-Ball” ab exercise will make you laugh while getting in a great ab workout!
Here we go!
Have-A-Ball Ab Exercise
- Start seated on a mat with your heels on the ground, chest lifted, and back flat. 2.
- Grab onto your shins just below your knees and lift your heels off the ground – balance on your butt.
- Curve your back into a “C” and with control, roll back onto your shoulders, then roll back up onto your butt to starting position. Don’t let your heels touch the ground on the way up!
- As you reach the starting position, straighten your back and lift your chest up.
- Then, curve your back into a “C” again and roll back again and roll up again.
- Repeat 10 – 20 times.
To make this move more challenging:
- Roll back onto your shoulders.
- Then as you return to starting position, keep your abs engaged, shoot your legs up 45 degrees, and reach your hands out in front of you.
- Bring yourself back into a ball, and then repeat!
This is a great exercise that is a little tricky at first while you are trying to find your balance. Have a good time, laugh if you tip over…after all, exercise should be fun!
Best in Health and Fitness,
Robin Ishibashi Jones
Robin Ishibashi Jones has been a fitness trainer and strength and conditioning coach for over 10 years. A graduate of Whittier College and owner of Stonebridge HomeFit, Robin is a health and fitness enthusiast who makes training easily accessible to people of all levels.
The material presented on this site is for informational purposes only and does not necessarily represent the opinions of Keiro Senior HealthCare, The Institute for Healthy Aging at Keiro, or its contributors. Readers should consult appropriate health, legal, or financial professionals on any matter relating to their health and well-being. Full disclaimer
If you enjoyed this article, click the “like” button below!